TraumaTALK: The Invisible Wounds of Childhood Trauma, A Personal and Professional Perspective
This 50-minute professionally-produced On Demand video provides an overview of childhood trauma against the backdrop of Shawn’s inspirational story. In addition to understanding the science behind the emotional reactions to trauma, participants will be able to:
- Name at least three adverse experiences that can cause trauma
- Identify three kinds of changes to the brain that may result from trauma
- Describe three strategies to help children cope with trauma
Renting the On Demand video is easy and involves these four steps.
- Complete online inquiry form to request On Demand video.
- Receive call from Chester Street Foundation team member to select viewing package within two business days.
- Complete and return Service Agreement sent by Chester Street Foundation.
- Receive email confirmation with link to video and link to survey to be sent to participants.
- Mail in payment via check.
Schools and other organizations must choose the week for when the video will be made available to their staff, however, Chester Street Foundation does allow rescheduling if notified in advance. For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Video On Demand Terms & Conditions.
TraumaTALKS Live Presentation Series
These evidenced-based one-hour presentations are effective trauma-informed training and professional development resources for educators K-12, school administrators, and mental health professionals. Presentations are given by given by Chester Street Foundation’s Founder and CEO, Shawn Alex Nemeth (a trauma survivor), and can be presented one or two at a time or as a half day of training. Materials provided include a full color outline, survey and Professional Development Certificate.
This Professional Development Activity is approved by Texas Psychological Association (TPA): One-hour Professional Development credit for psychologists, social workers, and counselors.
**In response to the pandemic, TraumaTALKS are also currenlty available through Zoom.**