When We Open Our Hearts, We Energize Our Minds to Finding Solutions
We believe education is a critical component to helping abused children on their road to recovery and have designed our education programs for the community at large and specific audiences who are on the frontlines of this issue, including teachers and caregivers. Currently, our education programs are provided through informative TraumaTALKS, which are given by Chester Street Foundation’s founder, Shawn Alex Nameth, along with other clinicians and facilitators.
TraumaTALKS cover a wide range of information, including:
- The special needs of abused children and how to care for them.
- Imaging research data that shows how trauma alters children’s brains.
- Examples of how trauma alters brain chemistry and affects children’s everyday lives.
- Training in how proven treatments can rewire and restore brain chemistry, and in the most effective treatments to help recovery from trauma after abuse.
- How to recognize the dangers and self-destructive patterns in traumatized children who are not treated.
Learn more about childhood trauma by attending a TraumaTALK. View our calendar and sign up for an upcoming event.
Shine a light on childhood trauma by bringing a TraumaTALK to your community. Contact us to schedule a TraumaTALK at your school, office, community group, or faith-based organization.
In addition to TraumaTALKS, Chester Street Foundation will soon offer webinars and recorded digital media on its website and YouTube channel.